Star Wars Armada : the french and spanish translation work must go on
We, Armada french and spanish players, are worried about the last known developments of Star Wars Armada, made by Fantasy Flight Games and distributed by Asmodée. First, it seems to us that the communication stays too scarce (if not non-existent) for a game which lacks players and could benefit from being more promoted. Then, when a french or a spanish new player wants to get into the game, he is systematically prevented from it by the scarcity of expansion packs. Third, this situation is worsen by the lack of regular informations about the futur of this game and the lack of translations of the last waves and news. This result in making harder the game to promote, as only a few people are ready to follow a game only playable in a foreign language (even if english).
The next wave, which is a crucial step for the game (new factions, new starting packs, update of hundreds of cards, new mechanics and rules), isn't however in this moment planed to be translated in french and spanish (according to Asmodee's answers to our questions !). In the end, the new expansions will be only available in english, that will decreased a lot the chances to keep Armada sold and played in France and Spain.
We are asking solemnly FFG and Asmodée to reconsider their politic of development about Armada in France and Spain :
- the translation of all the expansions done ;
- the communication on the game must be improved ;
- the old expansions must be reprinted ;
- if the new expansions stay unstranslated, the french shops must be authorized to sell it. It's dangerous to take to them entire waves of products that couldn't be distributed as usual, which will rapidly increase the stop of local communyties.
We have the chance to have a very nice article in Can't Get Your Ship OutWell, I've just move this post here from FFG forum because
1) we still haven't got any news from Asmodée, so maybe one day someone who'd read this will have the opportunity to directly speak to them (even if I doubt it a lot).
2) we've recently reach 800 signatures, even if I didn't promote it during a while. So this seems still important somehow.3) maybe sometimes Asmodée will screw again with the players, and this will help to remember than we can unite and try to speak out.